Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 1 roll refrigerated pizza dough (or use your Favorite Pizza Dough recipe)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (this is usually just a combination of basil, oregano, thyme and marjoram)
- mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings of your choice: canadian bacon and pineapple, pepperoni slices, italian sausage, etc.
- marinara or pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to heat specified on pizza dough package. Usually it’s 400 degrees. If you make your own dough, 400 is usually a good heat as well. Unroll your pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll the dough so it’s about 1/4 inch thick and as close as you can get to square. Cut into about 20-25 squares.
- Top each square with your topping of choice and about a tablespoon of cheese. You may have to just eyeball it but make sure leave enough space to bring the corners together to close up the roll.
- When all of your dough squares have cheese and toppings on them, carefully lift and pinch the corners together. Pinch the sides also to make sure each ball is sealed shut and then place them seam side down in a lightly sprayed pie pan (or similar sized dish).
- Brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder and Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.