Baked Vegetable Egg Rolls
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups of savoy cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 2 cups of bean sprouts
- 1 can of water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 14 egg roll wraps
- Sweet and sour sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the cabbage, sprouts, carrots, chestnuts and ginger to the pan and cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes, until the vegetables just begin to wilt but still remain a little bit crisp. Mix the corn starch with the water and mix thoroughly. Add the corn starch mixture and soy sauce to the pan along with the green onions. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place two tablespoons of the cooled mixture on the center of the egg roll wrap. Fold the bottom up over the filling. Next, fold the two sides over, making it look like an envelope, then roll it up like a burrito.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes then turn them over. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Serve with sweet chili sauce or sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy.
Recipe from: fortheloveofcooking.net