Mini Frittata Cups with Mascarpone and Prosciutto Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 3-4 slices prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded cheese (fontina, Parmesan, mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 6 muffin cups (I used my 12-cup muffin tin) with a non-stick spray or olive oil, set aside.
- To a bowl, add eggs, mascarpone, salt and pepper. Whisk until mascarpone has no more lumps and mixture is smooth. Mix in cheese, prosciutto and parsley.
- Add egg mixture to 6 muffin cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until tops are puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately or cooled. Leftovers can be stored up to a week in the fridge and reheated.
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: makes 6 frittata cups