Crunchy Oven-Baked Zucchini Recipe
- Crunchy Oven-Baked Zucchini Recipe
- 4 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (homemade preferably)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Then in a separate bowl place the egg whites. Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place slices on a silicon-lined baking sheet, like a Silpat mat. If you don’t have one, lightly grease your baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on zucchini tops. Bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy. If desired, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top for serving.
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings