Sweet Potato Breakfast Biscuits
- 3.5 ounces cooked + well-mashed sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk (whole or 2% works best)
- for breakfast biscuits: add poached eggs, bacon, cheese and your jam or spread of choice
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda, and whisk until combined. Using a fork, pastry blender or your hands, add butter pieces to the flour and mix until coarse little crumbles remain. Pour in milk and add sweet potato, stirring with a spoon until thoroughly combined, but not overmixing. Use your hands if needed to bring the dough together – I did.
Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop batter onto a nonstick baking sheet, or press dough on a sheet of parchment paper or cutting board, then use a biscuit cutter to shape the dough into rounds. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until biscuits are slightly golden and puffy. While biscuits are baking, prepare your breakfast sandwich ingredients. Enjoy!
Recipe from: howsweeteats