- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 1 medium-sizeonion, chopped
- 2 sweet yellow, red or green pepers, cut in large dice
- 2 medium-sizezucchini, cut into rounds
- 2 clovesgarlic, chopped
- 3 cans(14.5 ounces each) no-salt-added recipe-ready diced tomatoes, drained
- 5 fully cooked chicken sausages (about 12 ounces), sliced
- 1 teaspoondried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 1/2 teaspoonblack pepper
- 1/4 cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cupsshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated bread sticks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook 5 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic; cook 5 minutes, until barely tender.
- Add tomatoes, sausage, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook until somewhat dry, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Spoon half into prepared dish. Top with 1 cup mozzarella. Add remaining tomato mixture. Arrange bread sticks on top in lattice pattern, trimming to fit. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven 25 minutes, until bread sticks are browned and filling is bubbly. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe from: recipe.com