- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup diced pecans
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional; for added cinnamon flavor
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/2 cup Baker’s Cinnamon Filling mix*
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- *Or substitute 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon for the Baker’s Cinnamon Filling mix and water.
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Signature Secrets culinary thickener or cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon milk, or enough to make a pourable glaze
1) Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake papers, or grease it lightly.
2) Prepare the topping by mixing the ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside.
3) Prepare the filling by mixing the Baker’s Cinnamon Filling with enough water to make filling with a soft, pudding-like consistency. If you’re using the substitute, simply mix together all of the ingredients. Set aside.
4) To make the batter: In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and eggs.
5) In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the chips.
6) Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
7) Divide half the batter evenly among the muffin cups; a tablespoon cookie scoop, generously filled, works well here.
8) Dollop 2 teaspoons cinnamon filling onto each muffin; a teaspoon cookie scoop, filled level, works well here.
9) Top with the remaining batter.
10) Sprinkle generously with the topping, pressing it in lightly.
11) Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
12) Remove the muffins from the oven, and wait 5 minutes before transferring them from the pan to a rack to cool.
13) To make the glaze: Mix the glaze ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled muffins.
Yield: 12 muffins.