Mint Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- green food coloring
- chocolate, for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the mint extract. Combine the flour and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Add several of drops of food coloring until desired shade of green, mixing well. Roll into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice into 1/4-inch slices and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Drizzle with melted white and/or dark chocolate if desired.