- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup blanched chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Tarantino’s mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup seasoned flour
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice into the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket.
2. Saute garlic and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil. Add Marsala and simmer until mushrooms have absorbed the wine. Set aside to cool.
3. Add bread crumbs, spinach, green onions, basil, Parmesan, salt and pepper to the cooled mushrooms. Mix in sausage until everything is incorporated.
4. Open the chicken breast pockets and fill with the stuffing. Dredge in seasoned flour and saute in olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned. Finish cooking in the oven for 15 minutes, or until chicken is firm to the touch and has an internal temperature of 160°F.