Hot Chocolate Truffles
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- cocoa powder, crushed candy canes, mini chocolate chips for rolling
- Place all ingredients in a pot and melt together on low heat until smooth. Stir constantly.
- Let cool in the fridge until stiff enough to scoop.
- Make small scoops, about 2 Tablespoons each. And place them in the freezer for and hour.
- Remove scoops, roll into balls.
- Roll in your choice of decoration. Crushed candy cane, cocoa, cinnamon, mini marshmallows. (If you try the mini marshmallows, you really have to push the marshmallows into the chocolate balls.)
- Wrap each ball in suran wrap and keep chilled until ready to use.
- When ready, drop chocolate balls into 1 ½ cups of hot milk and stir!