Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija Cheese
- 8 – 10 ears of corn, silks removed, husks on (soaked in water for 30 min)
- 1/2 tbls butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbls chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ancho chili pepper (I’m a wimp with spice, add more if you want)
- After soaking the corn, grill on medium high for about 20 minutes.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, remove the husks and cut the corn off the cob.
- Saute in a pan over medium high heat with the butter, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, chili powder, and chili pepper.
- Add the cotija cheese just before you are ready to serve.