Chicken Outback Steakhouse
4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breast halves
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
2 cups sliced Mushrooms
2 tablespoons Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
12 slices Bacon, fully cooked
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 cup shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1. Make a batch of The Best Honey Mustard You’ve Ever Tasted( see recipe below). Heck, make a double batch — you’ll love it.
2. Pour about ½ of a single batch or ¼ of a double batch of the honey mustard in a bowl and add the chicken. Set in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours or, better yet, overnight. Save remaining honey mustard in a sealed container in ‘fridge to use as a dipping sauce later.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F
4. Heat up the oil in a frying pan on the stove and sear each chicken breast 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
5. Transfer chicken to oven safe pan and brush with honey mustard.
6. Salt and pepper breasts.
7. Add butter to frying pan and sauté mushrooms.
8. Stack bacon across each breast, spoon mushrooms on each breast and then approx ½ cup of cheese on each.
9. Cover pan with foil or lid and bake 7-10 minutes to melt cheese. Dust with paprika and serve with honey mustard.
10. Serve with your favoite fries, steamed veggies or loaded baked potato!
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (as always we suggest Duke’s Mayonnaise — this southern favorite is all we ever use.)
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons French Mustard (or any other kind works)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce