Chicken Tamale Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese ( I used reduced fat 2% blend)
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn ( I used regular corn – I hate cream corn)
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box corn muffin mix (I used Jiffy)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast ( I used a rotisserie chicken )
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine 1/4 cup cheese and next 7 ingredients (through chiles) in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until set. Pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken (I also added about 3 Tablespoons of the enchilada sauce to the chicken to moisten it a bit; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.