Best Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 center-cut, thick cut, bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to coat chops
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to coat chops
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Pat chops dry and generously coat with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Combine flour, corn starch, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet until hot. Add butter and let melt completely (this will help with browning the chops).
- Dredge chops, individually, into seasoned flour mixture to entirely coat and then shake off excess. Add chops to hot pan, careful not to overcrowd. Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until nicely golden brown. Test the chop by poking with a fork to make sure the juices run clear. Be careful not to overcook the chops, as this will make them dry and chewy.
- Drain on plate lined with paper towels. Serve immediately.
So simple and so good! My 9yr old son asked for seconds! This will be my new go to for pork chops! Thanks for the awesome recipe! I did use EVOO instead of vegetable oil and it turned out great!- March 13, 2017