Bonefish Grill’s Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2-4 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Green onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, Sriracha, Mayo, and Peanut Butter. Tatse–If it’s not spicy enough, add more sriracha. set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place corn starch in a shallow dish, and lightly whisk two eggs together to create an egg wash in a separate shallow dish. Dip each piece of shrimp in corn starch to coat, then dip in the egg wash to coat. Heat 6-8 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet on high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully add the shrimp to the pan. You may need to cook the shrimp in two batches so that you don’t overcrowd the pan. Cook 30 seconds to 1 minute per side, until the shrimp are crispy. Remove the shrimp to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Add the shrimp to the spicy mayo. Warm the tortillas.
- To serve, place a handful of chopped lettuce in the center of the warmed tortilla, spoon the shrimp on top, and garnish with green onion.