Black Pepper and Parmesan Beer Bread
Makes 1 (9”x5” loaf)
3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
14 ounces (a nice flavorful) beer
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter, divided
zest of 1 lemon (optional)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 -2 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease the loaf pan and set aside.
2. Place flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
3. Create a small well in the center of the flour mixture and add beer, 1/4 cup melted butter, lemon zest, parmesan, and black pepper. Stir together until the dough just comes together. Do not over mix! (if there are small flour pockets, gently stir them away; a couple remaining flour pockets are okay).
4. Pour mixture into a prepared loaf pan. Pour remaining butter over top and bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
5. Remove loaf from pan and allow it to cool until just warm to the touch (about 1 hour and 30 minutes), before slicing.
6. Slice and serve with whipped butter, if desired.
Recipe from: spoonforkbacon