- 4 demi french baguettes
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 strips of bacon, finely chopped and fried until crisp
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated plus additional for topping
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette until about a 1/2 inch to the bottom. Partially unstuff the baguettes. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and cream into a mixing bowl and lightly beat together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center. Sprinkle with additional cheese and broil until cheese is melted and golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.