Italian Bread with Gorgonzola Recipe
Italian Bread with Gorgonzola
Long loaf of Italian Bread or long crusty rolls.
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
1 to 2 cloves garlic
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Optional: Basil or Oregano
- Cream the butter with the Gorgonzola cheese.
- Mince garlic and add to cheese mixture. Add chopped parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- If using the basil or the oregano add now as well.
- Leave loaf whole, but cut slices so that the loaf stays together.
- Spread cheese mixture in between each slice and reshape loaf. Sprinkle top of loaf with Parmesan cheese and wrap in foil. Place in 400°F oven for 10 or 15 minutes and serve hot.