Step by step bake your bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If you’re baking some other breakfast dish, it’ll probably already be at this temperature. And if you’re baking something that calls for a temperature other than 350°F, no worries; the bacon won’t mind.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Lay up to a pound of bacon atop the parchment. Most packaged bacon comes 16 slices to the pound, and will fit on a half-sheet pan (18″ x 13″), with a bit of overlap.
- Bake the bacon for about 25 minutes, or until it’s started to shrink. Separate the pieces where they’ve overlapped, and continue to bake until it’s as dark and crisp as you like, anywhere from an additional 5 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the oven.
- This bacon baked for 40 minutes total. Can you hear it sizzling?
- Notice how flat it stays as it bakes; no curled, twisted, gnarly pieces.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve with the rest of your breakfast.