Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole in the Crockpot Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pkg tater tots
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces – you can use the precooked stuff like I did or just dice up some cooked bacon slices
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, lightly greased crockpot, layer 1/2 the tater tots, then half the bacon pieces and half the cheese.
- Layer the chicken pieces over the cheese. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Repeat the tater tot, bacon and cheese layer. Pour the milk over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- The bacon provides a great deal of flavor and is perfect with the chicken and cheese. The tater tots lose their shape and resemble hash browns, so if you want to substitute hash browns, it would work wonderfully.