Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
- 16 slices white bread, crust removed
- 16 slices of black forest ham
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ onion, minced
- ½ green pepper, minced
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Cornflakes or Special K
- In a 9 x 13 buttered pan, put 8 pieces of bread. Add pieces to cover dish entirely. Cover bread with slices of ham and grated cheese. Cover again with slices of bread to make it like a sandwich.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add salt & pepper, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, milk and Tabasco. Pour over the sandwich, cover and let stand in the fridge for a minimum of hour hour. You can even make it the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, melt the butter and pour over the top of the pan. Cover with crushed Cornflakes or Special K. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Take out and let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.