Won Ton Cheese Bites Recipe
Won Ton Cheese Bites Recipe
- 12 Won Ton Wrappers
- 1 ounce String Cheese (about 1 snack size stick)
- 1 ounce Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 ounces Brie Cheese
- 1 fresh Jalapeno
- 1 Green Onion (just the green top)
- 3 Walnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- For the Sweet Brie Bites: Cut off the rind. Cut the Brie into 6 one inch squares. Set aside 3 of the squares for the Chive Brie Bites. Lay a won ton wrapper on a plate so that it’s in a “diamond” type shape with one of the corners facing downwards. Place a piece of the Brie on to the middle of the won ton.
- Add ½ teaspoon of brown sugar over the Brie. Then add a walnut on top of the brown sugar. Next, fold the bottom corner up over the Brie. Then fold the right corner over the Brie. Then fold the left corner over the Brie. You may need to make a small adjustment to both sides to make the won ton a bit more narrow towards to top corner. Make the last fold by rolling the Brie up towards the top corner. Repeat with 2 more won ton wrappers and set aside.
- For the Chive Brie Bites: Chop the green part of the onion into small pieces (you just need about 2 long green pieces of the onion). Same as above, lay a piece of Brie on to a won ton wrapper. Add about ¼ teaspoon of the diced green onion on top of the Brie. Then roll it up in the won ton wrapper. Repeat with 2 more won ton wrappers and set aside.
- For the Cheddar Cheese Jalapeno Bites: Remove the seeds from the Jalapeno and slice into pieces as thin as possible. Cut the Cheddar cheese into 3 pieces that are about 1 inch by 1 inch in size. Lay 3 or 4 slices of the jalapeno on the won ton wrapper. Next add a piece of the Cheddar cheese on top of the jalapenos. Then roll it up in the won ton wrapper. Repeat with 2 more won ton wrappers and set aside.
- For the String Cheese Jalapeno Bites: Cut the string cheese into 3 pieces. Add some jalapeno slices to a won ton wrapper. Next add a piece of string cheese. Then roll it up in the won ton wrapper. Repeat with 2 more won ton wrappers and set aside.
- Cooking the Cheese Bites: Add the canola oil to a medium size skillet. Depending on the diameter of your skillet, you may need a little more oil so that it’s about ½ inch from the bottom of the pan. Heat the oil on medium heat. Add four or five of the rolled up won tons at a time to the oil and keep a close eye on them. Fry each side of the won ton until its golden brown. If the won tons are cooking too fast, turn the heat down a bit.
- Remove from the oil and set on to a paper towel to drain off the excess oil. Serve warm with your favorite type of sauce. Some easy sauce ideas include mixing: Sour cream with your favorite salsa; or Honey with Dijon mustard; or Mayonnaise with adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers.