- 2 white whole wheat flour ( or 1 cup whole wheat + 1 cup all purpose)
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in the carrot, raisins, nuts, and apple.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, banana and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.