- Heat caramels and water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, cut both apples in half and remove the stem. Then use a spoon or melon baller to remove the seeds and core of the apples, leaving about 1/4″ or so of apple flesh, to create the apple “cup.”
- Using a pastry brush, immediately brush the inside of the apple cup with lemon juice. Repeat with remaining apple slices.
- After the apples have rested for at least 2 minutes, use a paper towel to pat the insides of the apple cups dry.
- Pour the melted caramel inside each apple cup, and then sprinkle them with the granola crumbs. Serve immediately if you like the melted caramel, or refrigerate them to let the caramel harden again.
(Note: If you let the caramel completely harden, you can slice the caramel apples into wedges with the caramel in the center!)