Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Fat-Free or Low-Fat Sour Cream (organic)
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 2 1/2 – 3 Cups Cabbage, Red or Green (I used green, pre-bagged)
- 2 tsp. Dried Chives (or 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced)
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro or 2 Tbsp. Dried Cilantro
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 14-18 oz. Tilapia Fillets (or other white fish, like Mahi Mahi or Cod).
- Black Pepper and Sea Salt, to taste
- 8 Tortillas
- Guacamole or just slices of Avocado
- Mix together the sour cream and lime juice in a large bowl. Place half of the mixture into a separate, small serving bowl and set aside.
- Add the cabbage, chives, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper to the large bowl with the sour cream mixture. Stir or toss well to mix together.
- Cut each fish fillet into 4 strips length-wise and then cut each of those strips into 3 pieces (12 strips per fillet). Season lightly with sea salt and black pepper (optional).
- Over medium high heat, warm olive oil and red pepper flakes in a large skillet. Add half of the fish pieces and cook about 5-7 minutes (2-4 minutes on each side), or until fish is no longer opaque.
- Heat tortillas per your package’s instructions.
- Fill each tortilla with fish and cabbage mix. Top with reserved sour cream mixture and guacamole. Serve immediately.
You can also add in some black beans or serve them on the side.