Fruit Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Syrup
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered if large
- 1 lb fresh grapes (any color), halved
- 6 clementines, peeled well and separated into sections
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 to 2 apples, cored, cut into sixths and sliced into ¼” thick pieces
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 Tbsp liquid honey
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about ¼ cup)
- Juice of 1 medium orange (about ¼ cup)
- Heaping ½ tsp poppy seeds
- Squeeze juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange. Stir together syrup ingredients, mixing until honey is completely dissolved into the syrup.
- Rinse and slice fruit in the order that it is listed. Don’t slice your apples or bananas until you’re ready to add the syrup since the lemon in the syrup will keep them from browning.
- Drizzle syrup over the fruit and toss to evenly coat the fruit with syrup.
Other fruit options that work well in this salad: pineapple, kiwi, raspberries, blackberries