Creamy Tomato and Crab Fettuccine
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, blitzed in a food processor until smooth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 basil leaves, torn
- 1 (6.5 oz) can jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/2 pound fettuccine
- pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high. Add the garlic and bloom 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and continue to press down with the spatula, blooming another 30 seconds.
- Add the pureed tomatoes to the pot and whisk to combine. Add the basil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and crab meat; simmer another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine until al dente. Drain and add to the the sauce pot. Stir to combine. Taste it. Maybe another tiny pinch of salt? Sure, go ahead.
- Serve garnished with the sliced scallions and freshly grated parmesan