Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Glaze Pound Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (don’t use natural unless you have the no-stir kind)
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray 10-cup bundt pan generously with nonstick spray.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together peanut butter and butter. Add sugar and beat an additional 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add dry ingredients a little at a time, beating just until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. 3) Scrape batter into prepared bundt pan. Tap it a couple of times on the counter to shake out any hidden air pockets.
4) Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until a skewer, sharp knife, or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Check on the cake at 5) 1 hour to make sure it’s not browning too quickly on top. If it is, just place a piece of foil loosely over the top of the pan. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes, then flip it onto a rack or platter and let it cool completely.
6) In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the top of the cooled cake, letting it drizzle down the sides. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top.