Yields: about 48
- 2 pkgs Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 pkg 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can 4 oz. mushrooms, drained and chopped (I do mine in the food processor)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. seasoned salt (like Accent)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs. poppy seeds-I never measure this. I just “eyeball” it. I like a lot of poppy seeds!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay out 2 large pieces of aluminum foil or plastic wrap on counter. Put one package of crescent rolls on each sheet. Press roll perforations to seal. Mix cream cheese, mushrooms, onions, and salt and spread equally between each package of crescent rolls. Start rolling up jelly roll fashion, using the foil or plastic wrap to keep the roll even. *This is the point where I freeze mine. You can put these in the freezer ahead of time, slice and pop in the oven, or freeze slightly to help with slicing.
Using a serrated knife, slice into 1″ pieces. Lay all the pieces on a plate(s). Brush with egg, sprinkle with poppy seeds, and put on an ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until bottom is brown and top is golden. Be careful with the bottoms of the puffs. They tend to brown faster than you would expect.