Mini Carrot Cake Cheesecakes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 0z cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon extract (or a squeeze of lemon juice)
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini cheesecake pans with non-stick spray, or line mini muffin tins with paper liners. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press into pans (I used about 1 tablespoon per cheesecake). Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown.
- To make the cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg. Add carrots, flour, spices, and vanilla extract. Spoon on top of crusts so they are about 3/4 full.
- Bake until set, about 18 to 22 minutes.
- Transfer pans to a rack and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to frost.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and extracts. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost with cream cheese icing. Enjoy!