FOR THE BEEF:
- 1 (6 lb) beef tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons coarse grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE GORGONZOLA SAUCE:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces crumbly gorgonzola, diced (NOT “dolce”)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Use paper towels to thoroughly wipe down the tenderloin with the cider vinegar.
Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce & mustard.
Spread this spice paste over the tenderloin, coating the whole exterior.
Place on a broiler pan and drizzle half of the melted butter over the tenderloin. Broil for 5 minutes. Turn tenderloin over to other side & drizzle with the remaining butter. Broil for another 5 minutes.
NOTE – BEGIN MAKING SAUCE NOW, SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and bake the tenderloin at this temperature for 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with Gorgonzola Sauce.
Bring the cream to a full boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, then continue to simmer rapidly for 35 to 40 minutes, until it’s thickened like a white sauce, stirring occasionally.
Remove the pan from the heat & add the gorgonzola, parmesan, salt pepper. Whisk rapidly until the cheeses melt, add parsley, and serve.